The Compass School Foundation
We would like to take this opportunity to let you know about the role of The Compass School Foundation (TCSF), its Trustees and Committee.
What is the TCSF?
The TCSF is the charitable organisation that organises fundraising for The Compass School.
Who are the TCSF?
The Committee consists of parents who have volunteered their knowledge and skills to help fulfil the purpose of the charity. Current members are as follows:
- Vanessa Kennedy – Chairperson
- Scott Kennedy – Treasurer
- Jo Brydie – Member
- Kay Hutchison - Member
- Katie Wilkinson – Member
What are the Aims of The Compass School Foundation?
- To support the school financially in meeting its long term plans and ambitions and by assisting its capital projects.
- Contributing to the school’s bursary system, ensuring that the benefits of a Compass School education are not restricted to those families who can meet the financial commitment.
- Organise social occasions and fundraising activities in which the whole community of the school can join.
The Foundation Trustees
The role of the trustees exists as a link between the Board of Governors and the TCSF committee to ensure that the monies raised by the TCSF are spent wisely and that they enhance the experience enjoyed by pupils of the school. Ensuring the consistent provision of bursary funding is also within their remit. Finally it is their responsibility to ensure the charity complies with legislation and the financial regulations imposed by OSCR.
There are three trustees of TCSF at any one time, generally existing parents who serve for an unspecified number of years. Current members are as follows:
- Chairperson: Michelle Sutton
- Treasurer: Colin Bone
- Secretary: Nicola Cole
The Foundation has raised approximately £400,000 since its inception in 2001. There have been many different fundraising events; Curry and Quiz nights, numerous formal dinner balls, Garden Tours, Fireworks, Race Nights, Movie Nights, Golf Days, Raffles, and Family Fun Days to name but a few. While there is always a need to raise funds, we consider it of equal importance to ensure that TCSF focuses on hosting fun family events wherever possible.
Interested in getting involved?
You can help TCSF in many ways. If you think you could manage any of the following, please contact us in person or via our e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have thoughts on events you would like to see us organising.
- Helping out at events.
- If you would be interested in joining the committee.
Finally, there are two easy ways you can all support TCSF:
- Joining in on the all the varied events; having a great time and getting to meet all the wonderful parents and children of the Compass School.
- Joining the Easy Fundraising scheme, download the information sheet by clicking the download link provided below or visit our easy fund raising page.